Tuesday 18 May 2010

Mommy's Little Helper

My three year old Connor only has preschool on Mondays and Wednesdays mornings, so he was home with his baby brother Cameron and me today.

Today, being Tuesday, is the day that the garbage truck and recycle truck come by to pick up all of our garbage and recycling. Connor, being a typical little boy, loves trucks, so he put his shoes on and went outside to watch the trucks and the men working on them.

I made sure he left the door open so I could keep an eye on him. He climbed up and sat on our stone wall, and, within minutes, I could hear him yelling over the nose of the trucks, "Hi! Hi!" and looking out the door I could see that he was waving at the garbage men.

After a few minutes, I heard him yelling, "I like your truck! I like your truck!" He kept yelling it until the nearest garbage man acknowledged hearing it and gave him a little wave.

As they were leaving, he waved again and yelled, "Bye!"

Apparently, getting to watch the trucks and talk to the garbage men put him in a good mood, because when he came back inside, he became Mommy's Little Helper.

I mentioned that I needed to put away all of the toys before Cameron woke up. (There were toy cars and blocks all over the floor.) I was more talking to myself than to Connor when I said it, but instantly, he began picking up all of the toy cars and putting them away. He is not normally so helpful, so I thought I'd test him a bit. After praising him highly for being so helpful to me, I told him that next we needed to put away all of the blocks. And Connor did that too!

He knew I wanted to vacuum the floor, so he asked if he could do it. I let him vacuum and then just redid some of it when he had moved on to other things.

Mommys Little Helper 18 May 2010

Mommys Little Helper1

I really am truly proud of my little boy for being such a good helper today!

No comments:

Post a Comment